Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for a teacher or friend? Then look no further because today I’m sharing with you a sweet little Valentine’s day idea that the recipient will be sure to love. The best part about this gift is that you can personalize it to any theme and the flower on top is a reusable magnet. Let me show you how easy this Valentine tin is to make!
Supplies needed to make your own embellished Valentine tin:
- Metal Tin Container
- Silhouette Cameo
- Silhouette Magnet Paper
- Cardstock Paper
- Brad (optional)
- Corner Rounder (optional)
1. Begin by finding a shape in the Silhouette Studio to download. This can be a letter, flower, heart, or even a picture! If you don’t have a die cutting machine you can use a clip art template and cut it by hand if it’s not too intricate.
2. Measure the tin and cut your paper accordingly. The bottom strip is approximately 1nch wide and since it didn’t quite fit all the around, I used an extra 5 inch strip. I then glued the paper onto the tin with a permanent glue stick.
4. To cut your flower, lay your magnet paper onto the cutting mat, white side up. Use the appropriate media settings that the machine suggests. Remove the magnet paper then add the cardstock to your cutting mat and change your blade settings to the type of paper you’re using (the Silhouette studio will tell you which setting to use for each kind of media). It’s important that you do not adjust your flowers and cut them exactly like you did with the magnet paper.
5. Remove the white backing on the biggest flower and apply your paper flower on top. It helps to work one petal at a time, making sure that they align correctly. Then using a brad, stack the smaller flowers on top.
Now you have a pretty Valentine tin box to fill with candy and give to someone special this Valentine’s Day!
More Project Ideas
Crystal is the crafter and writer behind apumpkinandaprincess.com. She’s a wife, SAHM and crafty blogger who spends most of her days trying to balance all three roles while still squeezing in time for crafting. She enjoys creating on a budget and taking something from blah to fabulous with quick and easy tutorials. She is passionate about living a creative lifestyle and loves sharing a variety of DIY projects, paper crafts, and recipes.