Make your own holiday decor in rich brown and silver tones. Using just a few simple materials, you can create elegant decor that you’ll be proud of for years to come. These glittery stars are painted and then sprinkled with glitter to add that magical twinkle. Add a little personal touch to a garland mantle decor piece by hanging stars from glittery copper colored berry garland.
- Paper Mache Stars
- WOW Glitter – Chocolate
- Diamond Dust
- Berry Garland
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic Paint – Silver and Cinnamon Brown
- Paint 3 paper mache stars with Silver paint. While paint is still wet, lightly brush on the Cinnamon Brown paint to create a more aged-looking finish.
- While paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter over star. Set aside to dry.
Tip: To create different looks, apply different amounts of brown vs silver. The silver will add a nice glimmering look to the brown. You can make each star a little different by also changing which glitter you use or combine the two together.
- Silver paint, very light coat of brown paint. Sprinkled with Diamond Dust.
- Silver paint, a bit more brown paint to create kind of a taupe color. Lightly sprinkle with chocolate brown glitter and then Diamond dust.
- Silver paint, more brown paint, nearly covering over the silver. Sprinkle with chocolate glitter only.
These little stars are also the perfect size to tie onto your gifts with the ribbon and bow. Give a little extra handmade treat with every gift you give, add a date or a tiny gift tag so your friends and family remember year after year where they got the pretty little star.
More Project Ideas
Jen Goode is the owner and “doodler in charge,” a Denver based art and design studio. She has been a creative professional since 1996, developing art for a variety of uses in an array of mediums from handmade crafts to Graphic design and illustration. Jen, a designer member of CHA, is a tech savvy, work-at-home mom of 3 who shares her creative inspirations with other moms through her site Projects for Preschoolers and as a featured contributor on various sites throughout the web. Jen’s motto is “Inspiring Smiles Every Day.”