I love the simple elegance that a simple embossing folder adds to my holiday projects. Today I am going to show you how versatile embossing folders are- in some simple gift-giving ideas. Follow along for this simple DIY card set idea.
Supplies needed to make your own DIY card set:
- Small Kraft Paper Bags
- Paper Kraft Bags
- Kraft Paper Cards and Envelopes: A2
- Silver Foil Cardstock
- Metallic Silver Tissue Paper
- Holiday Words Embossing Folders (Happy Holidays)
- Holly Vines Embossing Folder
- Lime Green Sandable Cardstock
- Photo Corners
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget with Sandpaper
- Ruby Red Dimensional Pearl Paint
Trim your green cardstock to fit your Holly embossing folder. Measurements will be 4.25 x 5.75″. (Incidentally, this is also the exact size of an A2 card base.)
You will need three (3) cardstock pieces for this gift bag/card combination.
Insert the cut green Core’dinations cardstock into the embossing folder. Make sure the paper is right side up, and the manufacturer name is on the top. Following the manufacturer instructions for your embossing machine, run the embossing folder through your machine.
Trim and emboss two (2) 2 x 6″ word strips using silver cardstock.
Adhere one of the three cardstock pieces to a kraft A2 card base.