Are you looking for a simple Christmas Advent idea?
Today, we are going to show you how to make an ultra-easy 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar! There are tons of advent calendar ideas out there, but this one won’t break the bank, is extremely versatile, and you can make it with basic crafting supplies and a few boxes. Let’s get started!
- Paper Mache Square Boxes
- Paper Mache Circle Boxes
- Paper Mache Star Box
- Paper Mache Square Wine Box
- Deco Art Acrylic Craft Paint
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Core’ dinations White Core Tags
- Embellishments: I used Queen & Co. Bling Pearls, Martha Stewart Crafts Shimmer Doily Die Cuts, Washi Tape and Grosgrain Ribbon
- Die Cut or Sticker Numbers 1-12
Step One. First, let me say that you can do a 12 day Advent for the full 25 day Advent, just make sure that you have the corresponding amount of boxes or packages. I used paper mache boxes because they are super sturdy, but they do use a load of paint to cover them. So, I recommend painting them with a coat of Mod Podge first. Then paint your boxes in whatever color you like! I painted each box with a couple of coats and then followed up again with another coat of Mod Podge. My kids even stepped in to help out with some of the painting!