If you’re planning a big party and need some 4th of July party ideas, you’re definitely going to want to whip up some of these great firecracker favors! They’re inexpensive to make and small enough that you won’t break the bank trying to fill them. I used washi tape to decorate mine in a jiffy, but any medium would work (paint, decoupage, stickers, markers, etc). Depending on their age, you can even let your kids help out with these 4th of July party ideas!
- Small Paper Mache Tubes (they come six to a box)
- Washi Tape (I used red & blue primary, red & white polka dot, and white with blue stripes)
- Scrapbook Paper
- 1/4″ Double Sided Hercules Tape
- EK Tools™ Starry Night Decorative Edge Punch
- Hot Glue Gun and Sticks
- Wooden Dowel Rods – 1/4″ x 12″
Step 1. Decorate the tube with your washi tape and trim off excess. You can go with any color and pattern combination. Have fun!
I seriously had so much fun making these 4th of July party ideas! Thinking of different ways to apply the washi tape was a blast. Since they’re so small, none of them took up too much time to make. I could totally see kids loving this 4th of July party ideas project!