Welcome the arrival of spring with a simple and sweet speckled egg wreath! I decided to make mine all blue but I also thought different pastel shades would have been pretty, too. Would love to see the different varieties you all come up with!
- Paper Mache Eggs (2.5″) (3 bags)
- 12 Gauge Aluminum Jewelry Wire
- Acrylic Paint (similar to DecoArt’s Spa Blue and DecoArt’s Spun Gold)
1. The paper mache eggs have a hollow plastic form under the paper coating so you’ll have to heat a metal point until warm enough to puncture both sides. Repeat with all the eggs.
Some helpful hints: I found it easier to apply the paint when each egg was at the end of a wood skewer, a glove decreased the mess and an empty egg carton held the eggs while drying.
5. Allow the eggs to dry completely. Don’t worry if you mess up a couple while getting the hang of splattering, you can either paint over them or just omit them altogether (like I did with those bottom two!)
6. Thread the wire through the eggs. Wire length will differ depending on if you’re more careful than I was at painting. My wire ended up being 45″ long but yours may be longer or shorter. Enlist the help of a superhero if necessary!