Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. What’s not to love about putting on silly costumes and having fun getting scared? When I pass out candy at Halloween, I like to give a little trick with the treat. This spooky hand popping out of a candy bowl would be a fun way to send a shiver down someone’s spine!
- Clear, Deep 4 Quart Bowl – 11 inches
- Silver Spray Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Plastic Spiders
- Paper Mache Hand Display with Base
- Green Spray Paint
- Mod Podge Shimmer
- Press on Nail Party Kit
- Glue Gun
For the faux pewter bowl:
1. Spray paint the bowl silver.
2. Brush on black acrylic paint in small sections.
3. Wipe paint off with a dry cloth by gently rubbing in a circular motion.
4. Glue the spiders and other critters on.
1. Spray paint the paper mache hand green.
2. Paint on Mod Podge shimmer to give it some depth and a slimy glow.
4. Glue the base of the hand into the bowl.
More Project Ideas
Morena Hockley is the crafty mind behind the tutorials at morenascorner.com. Morena is a stay at home mom to four young children, and crafting is what helps her maintain her sanity. It’s a wonderful outlet and it’s how she gets her “me” time. In a past life, Morena was an elementary school teacher and an assistant principal. She misses teaching, so her blog is in a sense a virtual classroom. Swing by and check out Morena’s Corner!