When the weather cools down, the most delicious way to warm up is with a nice hot mug of spicy homemade apple cider!
Make individual servings of homemade apple cider whenever the mood strikes with these Spicy Cinnamon Mulling Sticks! This also makes a thoughtful, unique gift.
- 3″ Cinnamon Sticks
- Clear Candy and Treat Bags
- Candy Mold or Ice Cube Tray
- Candy Thermometer (optional)
- Ribbon (to tie bags with)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Ground Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Concentrated Cinnamon Oil Flavoring (1 teaspoon)
- One Batch of Hard Candy (<–link from the LorAnn Flavoring Site)
Coat your chosen candy mold liberally with a non-stick cooking spray.
Then, make a batch of basic hard candy. I followed the recipe on the LorAnn Oils (concentrated flavoring) site. The recipe is HERE.
Cook recipe as directed.
When the mixture reaches a hard crack stage (300-310 degrees Fahrenheit), remove from heat.
Then carefully pour your mixture into your prepared molds.
I was able to get 13 “cubes” from one batch of hard candy.
Then remove the plastic wrap.
To use, just heat up a mug of unsweetened apple juice or cider and add a mulling stick. The longer it steeps, the sweeter and spicier your homemade apple cider treat will be.