Today I am a little excited to share with you one of the easiest, yet funnest Halloween decorations I have ever made! A few years ago, our family really got into zombie movies. Anything “zombie” is a hit around here. I am going to be met with some resistance when Halloween is over and I attempt to take down and pack this DIY zombie project away.
This DIY zombie hand project uses an ordinary 8×10 wooden frame, some inexpensive door shims from the hardware store, and a paper mache hand. It literally takes minutes to assemble (once the paint is dry) and it takes ZERO crafting experience.
Supplies needed to make your own DIY zombie hand decoration:
- 11 inch Paper Mache Hand Display.
- 8×10 Unfinished Wood Picture Frame.
- Black Acrylic Paint.
- Glue Gun.
- Wood Stain (or your choice of wood treatment. I used a light coat of a walnut stain).
- Craft Nails (I used 3/4 x 18).
- Wooden Door Shims (These can be found at any home improvement store, and usually come bundled. They are rough hewn, and inexpensive.) You could use any scrap wood for this.
Reinsert the backing into the frame.
Begin criss-crossing the wooden shims across the frame to “board up” the frame. Use craft nails and a hammer.
Find a prominent place to display your creepy DIY zombie intruder!
I thought it would also be fun to wrap the hand with strips of cheese cloth for more of a mummy look- or dangle a spider and add some webbing.
I hope you are inspired to “break out” your craft supplies and create your own monster!
Do you know what would go perfectly with your new DIY zombie hand? This zombie head DIY Halloween decoration!