With Halloween less than a week away, many of you are already moving onto crafting for Thanksgiving. (Not me, of course, I’m still working hard on costumes!) Here’s a fun project that can be used, not only as decor, but also as a great way to open up a dialogue on gratitude with your kids and family. I ended up liking my Gratitude Calendar so much that I think I’ll keep it up year-round!
- Wood Framed Vertical Chalkboard (24×10.5)
- White Paint Pen
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget with Sandpaper
- Be Thankful Free Printables 1 & 2 (After you click the links, a new window will open – click on the orange link to open the printable PDF)
- Preferred Transfer Method (Silhouette CAMEO, Transfer Paper, or just freehand it!)
1. Print off both Be Thankful Free Printables 1 & 2.
Don’t worry if you don’t have one, you’ll just have to trace over the letters with a piece of transfer paper taped underneath. Takes a little more time but also gives the calendar a bit more of a handwritten feel.
More Project Ideas
Vanessa is a self proclaimed sleep deprived mother of two adorable boys and when she has a little time to spare, she makes things and posts about them on her craft blog, Tried & True. If she’s not cooking, sewing, gluing or making, she would probably go crazy. Join her on her crafty adventure at Tried & True.