A long (almost lost) tradition in the United States is that of the May Day Baskets. Traditionally you would hang a basket of fresh spring flowers on the front door handle of someone you love.
I love this idea, and when I saw this fun die set, I knew I wanted to bring back a little of the May Day Baskets tradition in the form of a gift bag. I am planning on using these gift bags for Mother’s Day gifts.
Supplies needed to make your own May Day Baskets paper crafts:
- Darice Layered Flower Basket Craft Die
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection Cardstock
- Paper Kraft Bags
- Core’dinations Kraft Polka Dot Pop Blank Cards and Envelopes
- Pop-Up Adhesive Foam Dots
- Darice Flatback Ivory Pearl Adhesive Pearls
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget with Sandpaper
I cut two of the largest flower, two of the smallest flower, and four leaves.
Then, using small scissors, cut some fringe in the top piece of the green cardstock.
Arrange your flowers as desired, and add self adhesive pearls to the centers.
Fold the reserved card base in half.
Adhere the strip to the small card angling the strip into a slight curve as shown. Trim.
I added some red tissue paper, and now it is a perfect gift set for Mother’s Day or any occasion.
A quick and easy way to dress up a simple gift bag. Here’s another 3D die-cut DIY Mother’s Day card we think you’ll love!