Do any of you like old vintage looking photos? I am always so intrigued by the clothing worn, the hairstyles, the various trims on the clothing pictured, the furnishings. To me it is all so fascinating. Then to wonder what it was like to live so long ago when the world was so different and to think of what my ancestors would think if they were to suddenly appear on the earth today!
Heritage layouts are some of my favorite layouts to create because it seems to send me into this deep thought process. Plus I get to work with some of my favorite items! I love pearls, and doilies, and cameos and then the wonderful old epheerma pieces and wallpaper- looking patterned papers. So let’s get our our supplies and get creating!
1. Find the red floral paper and remove it from your paper pad, cutting the white strip off.
2. find the black gingham pattered cardstock and cut a piece 4 3/4″ x 12″. Attach this on the bottom of your layout leaving the top edge open.
3. Cut pieces of the postcard patterned cardstock and the postage stamp ephemera pieces and tuck these in and around underneath the black gingham piece at different angles.
4. Cut a piece of the brown strips paper from the strips patterned piece and attach across the top of the black gingham piece.
5. Mat your photo on black cardstock and attach to your page as shown.
7. Cut your title from black cardstock using your Cricut Expression and Storybook cartridge. My title is 2″ tall.
8. Secure your doily to the lower left of your photo with liquid glue. Place the cameo in the center using liquid glue.
9. Lay your strand of pearls how you want it making bends and loops as you go. Attach your pearls with liquid glue.
A lovely old fashioned layout is what you have when you are done!
More Project Ideas
Lisa is a nationally published freelance paper crafts designer. Visit Lisa’s blog for more tips, projects, and inspiration at http://www.lisafalduto.blogspot.com/.