Spring is right around the corner so I decided it was time to make a card to celebrate! The snow is quickly melting here in Wisconsin and we are actually starting to see the edge of our grass so the thaw has begun! So why not make a card to brighten the day of a friend or neighbor as spring arrives?
Darice paper crafter white greeting cards and envelopes
Darice White Cardstock Deck
Die Cuts with a View Brights Cardstock Stack
Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder
Cuttlebug Just my Type embossing border, polka dot
Cricut Walk in My Garden Cartridge
Darice Casual Day Letter stickers
Sanding block or sand paper
1. Fold one of your white card blanks in half.
2. Cut a piece of green cardstock that measures 4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ and attach to front of card blank.
3. Cut a piece of orange cardstock that measures 3 3/4″x5″ and emboss this piece using your Birds and Swirls embossing folder. Sand the top lightly using your sanding block.
4. Attach to the top of the green piece centering at sides and top. You will have a large gap at the bottom.
5. Cut a piece of purple cardstock 3″ x 3 3/4″. Attach this to the bottom of your green section, overlapping your orange embossed piece.
6. Cut a piece of burgundy cardstock that measures 3/4″ x 3 2/4″ and emboss this with your dotted border embossing folder. Attach between purple and orange cardstock.
7. Make 3 white flowers using your Cricut Walk in the Garden cartridge. I used the first flower and cut the following sizes: 2″, 1 3/4″, and 1 1/2″. Layer these and attach to card border.
8. Place gem in center of card.’
9. Place stickers on purple section of the card.
Your card is now complete! You can actually use this same design for a birthday, thinking of you, missing you, and many other themed cards!
Happy Spring to each and every one of you!