Father’s Day will be here before we know it and that means it is time to begin thinking about creating a special card for dad! My 6 year old daughter is writing this year so I decided to design a simple card and leave the inside blank so she can write her own message. I tried to think of items that she would think of when she thought of daddy and off the top of my head I thought of a car and cellphone. So naturally that led me right to the Cricut cartridge calling “Going Places.” There is a cute little taxi in that cartridge and all I did was simply cut the little taxi sign off the roof and poof! It now looks like a regular car!
1. Cut a piece of black cardstock measuring 4 5/8″ x 6 5/8″, attach to card blank
2. Cut a piece of green cardstock 1 1/2″ x 6 3/8″. Attach this using adhesive to the lefthand side of your black cardstock as shown.
3. Cut a piece of blue cardstock 2 3/4″ x 3 7/8″ and attach this in the upper right corner of the black cardstock.
4. Cut a piece of red cardstock measuring 2 3/8″ x 2 3/4″ and attach in the space remaining.
5. Cut the taxi out of black cardstock using your Cricut and Going Place cartridge. Make sure to trim the top taxi sign off your vehicle. I cut my car using the 1″ size dial setting.
6. Cut the cellphone out of black cardstock using your Cricut and Going Places cartridge. I set my size dial for 3″.
7. Now we will use the Base Camp cartridge to cut out the word “daddy”. I used all captial letters and my dial size was set at 1 1/2″. Place these letters as shown.
Your card is now finished! You can add a poem or other greeting to the inside of your card now and it is ready to give to dad on Father’s day! Hopefully he won’t also be expecting a new car or cellphone!
More Project Ideas
Lisa is a nationally published freelance paper crafts designer. Visit Lisa’s blog for more tips, projects, and inspiration at http://www.lisafalduto.blogspot.com/.