I’ve been thinking about how many little trinkets I seem to collect over the course of a week that have no permanent place to reside. They are just laying around while dust collects on them. I get tons of neat little treasures from my 5 year old daughter which I want to save, but where to keep all of them? Well, my solution is to create this cute little hand crafted trinket box! I can keep it right out on my nightstand just waiting for the next trinket to add to my collection!
- Paper Trimmer:
- Darice Round Paper Mache Box Set
- Die Cuts With A View All Occasion Scrapbook Kit in a Stack
- Darice Rhinestone Setter
- Darice Hot-fix 5mm Embellishments
- Darice Chipboard Shapes and Flowers
- Darice Scrapbooking Micro-Scissors
- Darice Permanent Adhesive Roller
- Darice Blank Tags
- Therm- O-Web Foam Squares
- Darice Just Enough Ribbon-Pink/Purple/Orange
1. Draw around the bottom of your 4″ round paper mache box the back side of the orange and pink dotted paper using your pencil and creating a circle that is 3/4″ all the way around larger than the box bottom.
2. Once your circle is cut attach it to the bottom of your box using your Darice Adhesive roller, centering the box inside of the circle. Next create snips using your Darice Micro-Scissors about 1/2″ apart all the way around your circle cutting inside right next to the box. Fold these up and attach to the box sides, using your adhesive roller.
3. Now repeat this same technique on the box lid using the same patterned paper. When you draw the circle this time only create it about 1/2″ inch larger all the way around.
4. Cut two strips of the striped pink and orange patterned paper that are 1 7/8″ wide so the lines will be running vertically once attached to the box bottom. Once you have these cut secure them together to create one long strip. Attach this around the bottom of your box using your adhesive roller.
5. Now cut two strips of the Pink Harlequin patterned paper that measures about 3/4″ wide. Attach these strips together and place these around the outside edge of the lid of your box.
6. Punch out 3 large flowers from your Darice Chipboard shapes package. Flip the flowers over front side down on to 3 different pieces of coordinating patterned paper of your choice. Trace around each flower and cut out using your Micro-tip scissors.
7. Apply adhesive to the front of each flower and place the coordinating patterned flower shape on the top.
8. Now we will attach rhinestone centers to each flower using our Rhinestone setting tool and rhinestone embellishments. First find the tip that is for attaching 5mm hot fix rhinestones. Screw that into the end of your Rhinestone setting tool before plugging it in.
9. Plug your Rhinestone setting tool in and allow it to heat for 3-4 minutes. Now gently pick up one of your rhinestone crystals using your tool (I chose orange for my flower centers) and watch for the glue to melt on the back. Once the glue looks slick and melted quickly attach your gem to a flower center. Repeat this until you have your rhinestones placed how you want them on your flowers.
10. Use your foam squares to mount the 3 flowers on top of your box.
11. Use your micro-tip scissors to cut out 3 leaves from your green cardstock that is inside you All Occasion Scrapbook kit. Crease these lengthwise and attach under the edge of the flowers on top of the box.
12. Now take a 1 1/2″ metal rimmed tag and stick the smile sticker in the center from your All Occasion Scrapbook Kit sticker sheet.
13. Tie a bow from orange ribbon and stick to the top of your metal rimmed tag.
14. Tie your metal rimmed tag around the underside of one of your flowers so it hangs down over the edge of your trinket box.
All done! Can you just imagine all of the tiny treasures nestled inside?
Read Lisa’s related posts: Tool Tuesday: Rhinestone Setter.