I absolutely love fall! Nothing quite so inspiring as all the rich and warm tones of the changing leaves along with foods ripe for the harvest. I love to sit outside or take a drive in the country and take it all in. Trips to the apple orchard with the crisp smell of cider and trips to the pumpkin patch to jump on the hay wagon for a ride. It is one of the most wonderful times of the year!
As you partake in all of these wonders of nature, be sure to journal what you see, what you experience. Capture it for inspiration later on when you are stuck. So to help you along in your inspirational journey, today I’ve created a wonderful 5×7 inch fall journal to get you started!
5×7 Natural notebook
Silk Screen Maple Leaves
Sugar and Spice Core’dinations cardstock
Swiss Dots embossing folder
Spots and dots embossing folder
Cricut Storybook Cartridge
Silver Jump Rings
Clear Acrylic Stamping Block
1. Cut a piece of black Core’dinations cardstock to measure 5 3/8″ x 7 7/8″. Attach to front of journal.
2. Cut two pieces of brown with golden core cardstock that measures 3 5/16″ x 4 1/4″ and 3 5/16″ x 3 1/2″. Run both of these through your Cuttlebug machine using the spots and dots embossing folder. If you have never used a Cuttlebug machine here is a great video to watch!
3. Create a sanding block by wrapping a piece of sandpaper around your 3×3 acrylic stamping blog and fasten using your Zots. Now take the two piece you just embossed and lightly sand the top surface with your sanding block until you have the amount of color you like showing through. Attach the first cut in the upper left hand corner of your black cardstock lengthwise. Attach the second cut in the lower right right with the 3 1/2″ side going left to right.
4. Now cut two pieces of burgundy cardstock that measure 1 3/4″ x 4 3/16″ and 1 1/2″ x 3 5/16″ and run them through your Cuttlebug using your Swiss dots embossing folder. Then attach the longest piece to the upper right corner and shorter piece to the lower left. You now have a color blocked surface on front of your journal.
5. Take and 8″ long bunch of raffia straw and knot it in the center. Trim the ends a bit so they are all different lengths. Stick the knotted area on the front of your journal in the center using glue dots.�
6. Attach the leaves above the knot using glue dots as shown.
7. Cut a round 1 1/2″ doily like medallion from black cardstock using your Cricut and Storybook cartridge. You will find this design on the letter “I” key and can cutting using the shift feature. Attach this medallion on to the raffia bow using a jump ring.
Now you have a wonderful fall journal ready to capture the inspiration of the season!
More Project Ideas
Lisa is a nationally published freelance paper crafts designer. Visit Lisa’s blog for more tips, projects, and inspiration at http://www.lisafalduto.blogspot.com/.