Just about the time that the dry Utah heat becomes unbearable, nights start to cool off and before I know it, autumn is here! Although summer is my favorite, I do love the colors and textures of fall. I love bringing out the fall decor, and holing up in the house for a while with a crackling fire and comfy blanket. Today, my fall paper craft project combines a warm autumn color palette with rich texture from the use of embossing folders.
- Leafy Tree Trunk Embossing Folder.
- Dot Background Embossing Folder.
- Embossing Machine.
- Core’dinations 6 x 6 Darks Paper Pack (orange, yellow, red, brown cardstock colors).
- Smooth Kraft Cardstock.
- 3-D Pop-Up Adhesive Foam Dots.
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget.
- Teardrop Shaped Craft Punch, Electronic Cutting File, or Template.
- Unfinished 5×7 Wood Picture Frame.
To add additional texture to your project, you can choose to emboss the kraft cardstock backing. I used a simple dot embossing folder.Insert the embossed kraft cardstock into your frame and add the frame backing.
Using foam dimensional adhesive, attach your embossed tree to the center of the kraft cardstock inside the frame.
After this fun fall craft, make this coordinating DIY fall leaves wall hanging – the perfect pair!
More Project Ideas
Shaunte is a 30-something, chocolate-loving, SAHM from Utah. She has been scrapbooking since 1997, the dreaded era of photos cropped with deco scissors. Since then, her work has evolved into a clean, linear, photo-focused style. Her favorite subjects to scrap are her husband and five kids (never a lack for subject material there).