Today, I’ll be showing you how to make these super cute DIY magnets using die cuts. The final project was easy, adorable, and perfect for gift giving- you know, to justify the purchase of the dies? And a present that I know my friends and family will love anyway.
I thought to myself, I wonder if I could use these on the fridge somehow, to hold photos, and corral all of the miscellaneous stuff that I find myself storing there? Maybe I could make some cardstock shapes, and add magnets to the back of them? And then it hit me, I wonder if I could DIE CUT THIN MAGNET SHEETS?
Well, guess what? It totally worked. Without a hitch! So freaking cute! They make me happy.
Supplies needed to make your own cute DIY magnets:
- Photo Captions Die Cut Set
- Layered Flower Basket Die Cut (small flower and leaf dies)
- Spellbinders Embossing Mats (must be used with embossing dies)
- Core’dinations Brights 6 x 6 Paper Pack
- Printable Glitter Paper (for the Polaroid frames, to give them some fun glitter)
- Sand It Gadget with Sandpaper
- Adhesive Back Magnet Strip Roll
Arrange your dies to maximize the space, and run your dies and the magnet sheets through your machine following the manufacturer directions.
Select the colors of cardstock you like. I cut pieces to go over the dies. Run the dies through your machine.
Run these dies back through your machine with the rubber embossing mat on top of the dies. The rubber embossing mat must be used with the embossing dies, it “squishes” the paper into the embossed areas.
I hope I have convinced you that you need these dies!
If you enjoyed these cute DIY magnets, we think you’ll love these faux Instagram Polaroid photo magnets!