Making your own cards can be very fun and rewarding. Using Core’dinations cardstock makes it even easier. The pre-embossed paper packs give your cards an added layer of texture and dimension. You can take the added dimension one step further and sand the paper with the Sand It Gadget. To remove all the dust you have just created try using the Dust Buddy to clean up.
To make this card, you’ll need:
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Pad
- Core’dinations Graphic 45 Pack
- Darice Cardstock – White
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget
- Core’dinations Dust Buddy
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Shabby Shutters
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Broken China
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad – Jet Black
- Stamp of Choice
- Ribbon of choice
- Adhesive of choice
- Decorative stick pin and pearl
- Paint Dabbers with Foam Tip
- Spellbinders Nestabilities -Classic Scallop Circles
- Clear Mounting Block
1. Cut an 8×8.5 piece of cardstock and fold in half to form card base. Lightly sand the edges. Use the Dust Buddy to clean up dust. Cut a textured piece of cardstock to 7.5×4 sand the entire piece lightly then go back and sand the edges heavily. Cleanup the dust then adhere to card base. Tie ribbon around card. Place stick pin in bow.
2. Die cut a white scallop circle and stamp image in Archival ink. Use paint dabber and Distress Ink to add color to the edges of scallop circle. Die cut a larger scallop circle out of the same cardstock as card base. Sand the edges. Adhere white scallop circle to larger die. Set aside.
3. Print sentiment on white cardstock. I used Duetica Lettering Art Studio to create my sentiment. Trim the cardstock down to size and adhere to card as shown. Adhere scallop circle on card front slightly overlapping the sentiment strip. Add a decorative pearl on edge.