You’ve seen some amazing scrapbook pages. The glitter, embellishments, handwritten journaling…it’s awe-inspiring. But, what you might not realize is what really makes the page amazing. It might not be all the bling and scrapbook embellishments.
So, what is the secret ingredient? If you missed the title of this post, let us tell you. It’s your color palette! Choosing the right color scheme for your scrapbook page is essential.
Why is the Color Palette Crucial to Your Scrapbook Pages?
There are several reasons choosing the perfect palette is important to your scrapbook pages. Eyes are naturally drawn to certain color combinations. This means, when you want to draw focus, the colors you choose is just as important as the pictures.
Colors also have meaning. You’ll want to choose colors for your scrapbook pages that express the personality or emotions of the person in your project.
- Red: Bold and sassy
- Orange: Energetic
- Yellow: Happy or Cautious
- Green: Young or reserved
- Blue: Tranquil or masculine
- Purple: Mysterious or regal
- Pink: Delicate or feminine
- White: Pure and innocent
- Black: Solemn or powerful
- Brown: Natural and earthy
How to Choose a Color Palette for Your Scrapbook Page
So, what comes first? The color palette or the scrapbook paper? It’s kind of up to you. Get motivated by some of the great ideas we use to choose a color palette for upcoming projects.
- Use your photos as inspiration: Pull coordinating colors from your photos to create a uniform look, or choose contrasting colors that will make your pictures pop.
- Go shopping: There are millions of color palette ideas staring you in the face when you enter your local craft store. Get inspired by cardstock, paper packs or embellishments.
- Search the Web: You can find thousands of color palette ideas on sites like Pinterest and Design Seeds. Just pick a base color and find what coordinates.
- Look around you: There are color palettes everywhere. Pull inspiration from a cereal box, pillow case, favorite dress or bed spread.
Don’t let everyone fool you with their fancy glitter embellishments and ribbon, now you know the truth. The real secret sauce to a great scrapbooking page is your color palette. Start scrapping!
More Project Ideas
ConsumerCrafts is dedicated to bringing you the largest variety of craft supplies at the lowest prices. Compare our selection and prices to other online craft stores and see the difference!