From time to time I pack up my supplies and head for a Scrapbooking Crop. A crop is kind of a social event where you spend time with friends, and usually make new friends while completing scrapbook pages. There is almost always food involved too! When I begin trying to decide exactly what supplies I plan to take to the crop, it becomes a frustrating process for me. I have an entire crafting room that has everything I need packed neatly inside. So for me, to unpack my organized shelves and try to decide what minimal supplies I can take along with me is frustrating. I am always looking for an easier way.
So I decided to give the Darice Double-Sided Craft Tote a try to see if it would help me when packing for a crop. First I want to tell you what I just love about this tote:
1. This tote is hinged and folds in half. You have 2 sides for storage, yet it takes up a minimal amount of room because it folds.�
2. There are lots of divider inserts for both sides of the tote. This allows you to create the space you want to fit your storage needs. I love that! Very flexible approach and as your needs change you can also simply slide out dividers and change their positions.
3. You can see through the top on both sides of the tote so you always know which side you actually need to open up.
4. You can open the hinges up and then lay this out flat so you can see everything and use it as you need it. I usually have an entire 8′ table to myself at the crops I attend so I have plenty of room to stretch out. This makes cropping much easier when you have everything you need on display. The easy part is that when I am done I simply close my covers, fold it over and throw it in my bag. It is packed up and ready to move that easily!
5. Since pink is my favorite color and the color of my crop bag and rolling cart, this was a perfect addition to my collection with the pink handle and locking clasps.
The only thing I can say that I would love to see with this piece is that I can purchase a larger version! I would love something that is a bit thicker mostly because then I think I could stand my bottles of stickles and alcohol inks on end allowing me to fit more inside.
I love this craft tote and plan to pack it up and take it along on my next crop!