Going back-to-school can be a scary time for young children. I wanted to make something for my son that would inspire and encourage him.
Using the wood burning techniques I had learned in my previous post I made this “Super Star” plaque for my son.
1. Fully sand wooden plaque.
2. Design and sketch an inspirational saying onto the wooden plaque.
3. Place the fine thin tip onto the Darice Wood Burning Tool and outline the sketch. (Read up on how to use the Woodburning Tool HERE.)
4. Let the wood burning tool cool off and then place the larger rounded tip onto it.
5. Use the larger tip like a crayon and color the words in, along with any larger images (like the stars).
6. Use paint to add color to the plaque.
7. Finish the plaque with a clear glaze.
Enjoy! Be creative and cheer on that little person in your life!
More Project Ideas
Sarah Forhan writes craft tutorials and craft reviews on her blog at Sewing and Crafting with Sarah.