We’ve already been posting some adorable ideas for back-to-school teacher gifts (see our ruler star back-to-school gift), but if you’re short on time, we’ve got some quick ideas you can use.
These ideas are great for any time of year, and require less than five minutes of your precious time. In-between school shopping, organizing school supplies and situating schedules, try one of these ideas to make your student stand out on the first day of school.
Back-to-School Teacher Gifts: Word-Inspired Sweet Treats
You can make practically anything a teacher gift with the right words. Use leftover scrapbooking supplies to make a bunch of gift tags that you can write on to make the cutest and easiest back-to-school teacher gifts.
Simply add one of these sayings with a coordinating sweet treat and you’ll have the perfect teacher gift in no time:
- Chocolate chip cookie – “Thanks for making me one smart cookie”
- Ice cream gift card – “Here’s the scoop, you’re the best”
- Soda – We are “soda-lighted you are our teacher”
- Mountain Dew – “I love everything you dew for me!”
- Milky Way candy bar – “You are out of this world”
- Flower seeds – “Thanks for helping me grow”
- Box of brownie mix – “Shooting for brownie points”
- Coffee mug – “Thanks a latte for being my teacher”
- Cookie dough – “Here’s a little extra ‘dough’!”
Back-to-School Teacher Gifts: For the Classroom
Not looking for something to satisfy the sweet tooth? Think about using the same idea to craft gifts for the classroom:
- Highlighters – “Thanks for making the start of our school year bright”
- Hand wipes – “We’re coming clean: we think you’re awesome. Thanks!”
- Hand soap – “Hands down, you’re the best teacher around”
- Colored pencils – “Thanks for helping to sharpen my talents this year”
- Sticker book – “In my book, you’re TOP of the charts”
- Craft scissors – “You’re a cut above the rest!”
- Dry erase markers – “I can never erase the mark you have left on me”
- Post-it notes – “Thank you for ‘sticking’ me in your class this year”
Creating a memorable teacher gift doesn’t have to be expensive and it doesn’t have to cut into your busy schedule. Just get a little creative with things you already have on-hand and you can craft the perfect gifts for the perfect teacher.
Check back next week for another post in our Back-To-School Crafts blog series. Plan ahead so you can enjoy some peace and quiet once school starts.
More Project Ideas
ConsumerCrafts is dedicated to bringing you the largest variety of craft supplies at the lowest prices. Compare our selection and prices to other online craft stores and see the difference!