Make your own picture frames for you and your best friends using Perler beads! You can make gifts for all your friends and family featuring your favorite photos. What I like best about this project is that kids of all ages can have fun creating with Perler beads. With a little adult help ironing, even the littlest hands can make masterpieces! Make your own Perler bead frame in just a few steps.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Perler Beads
- Perler Bead peg board
- Iron (a mini craft iron work great!)
- Small Zots glue dots
How to make your own Perler bead BFF picture frame
- Make a square using two different colors of Perler beads. Iron as directed. Set aside.
- Create 4 small Perler bead flowers. Iron as directed.
- Adhere one flower on each corner of the frame using Zots glue dots.
- To make the frame back, cut a square of cardstock a little smaller than the frame. Cut a second piece of cardstock, approximately 6″ long and 1.5″ tall. Fold in half and adhere using glue dots. Fold in half again, glue one half to the square, this is the frame stand. Trim bottom of stand slightly so frame sits at a slight angle backwards.
- Adhere frame back to Perler bead frame at corners only. This will allow you to change the photo as you’d like.
What fun can you create with your Perler beads?
More Project Ideas
Jen Goode is the owner and “doodler in charge,” a Denver based art and design studio. She has been a creative professional since 1996, developing art for a variety of uses in an array of mediums from handmade crafts to Graphic design and illustration. Jen, a designer member of CHA, is a tech savvy, work-at-home mom of 3 who shares her creative inspirations with other moms through her site Projects for Preschoolers and as a featured contributor on various sites throughout the web. Jen’s motto is “Inspiring Smiles Every Day.”