Part of the fun of having a dollhouse is accessorizing! This easy-to-follow tutorial will show you how to create a beaded miniature dollhouse wreath for the front door or bay window of your dollhouse. Paul (my father and fellow Crafts Unleashed Designer) is assembling the Victorian Farmhouse Dollhouse Kit. Yesterday, he added a beads and jewelry hardware to create dollhouse door handles and door knobs. When I saw his innovative design – I was inspired to design a beaded dollhouse wreath for the dollhouse.
- Earring Hoops-Endless-Silver Plated-36mm
- Crystal Beads-Bicones-Topaz-4 to 6mm
- Crystal Beads-Bicones-Jet and Crystal-4 to 6mm
- Alphabet Beads-Round-Black-7mm
- 24 ga silver beading wire 24 yard spool
- Filament Yard Spool-Clear
1. To make your wreath use hoop earrings as your wreath form.
2. Cut two strands of 24 gauge wire and tightly coil the ends onto the hoop earring. Thread the beads onto the two strands of wire. Once you have enough beads twist the wire together, twist the ends to keep it tight. Helpful Hint: I chose 24 gauge wire because it is easy to work with and malleable.
5. Wrap the entire hoop, adding beads, and threading it through the twisted beads. Finish by coiling the wire around the hoop.
6. Using clear filament add alphabet beads to the wreath that read, “Happy Fall”.
8. …Or place the fall beaded wreath on the dollhouse bay window.
More Project Ideas
Sarah Forhan writes craft tutorials and craft reviews on her blog at Sewing and Crafting with Sarah.