I added a mixture of styles including craft boa, yarn, lace, grosgrain, and satin to give this bow a totally funky feel!
- Mini Bowdabra#BOW2100
- Bowdabra Bow Wire #BOW3050
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler #BOW2200
- Assorted Ribbon
- Pink Boa #1019-29
- Black Boa #1019-28
- Darice Finishing Accents
- Hair Clip
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Then cut a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Following the instructional CD that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler follow the instructions to create a 5″ wide Basic Bow with tails, a 4″ wide Boutique Bow, and a small 3″ wide bow tie bow. Bowdabra’s instructional CD provides step-by-step instructions for making each of these bows along with a ribbon length chart to pre-cut your ribbon.
3. Scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
6. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Fluff the bow
8. Once complete scrunch the bow and tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Trim away excess wire. Next, tie the top bow to the bottom bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire from the first bow. Once tied twist the top bow several times to join the two bows tightly. Line an alligator clip with ribbon and use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to attach the bow to the clip. Trim away excess ribbon.
9. Your funky hair bow is complete and ready to be worn!
More Project Ideas
Sarah Forhan writes craft tutorials and craft reviews on her blog at Sewing and Crafting with Sarah.