If you have been following along you know that I am in the process of putting together the Victorian Dollhouse Farm Kit. Almost all of the outside of the dollhouse house is assembled except for some finishing touches, like trim pieces and railings. As the outside of house starts to take shape I noticed that neither of the two outside doors have door knobs or door handles. I designed an easy way to add door knobs and door handles using jewelry accessories and tools.
1. Add door knobs once the door is hung…. or learn from my own experiences and plan ahead and add the knobs before attaching the door to the dollhouse.
2. Using a thumb tack or something similar make a small hole in the door where you would like your door knob to be.
3. Thread the gold spacer bead on the brass head pin.
4. Optional: Hold the bead securely in place with Aleenes Quick Dry Glue. The bead fit just perfect but I didn’t want to take any chances so I added the glue just for good measure.
5. Thread the brass head pin (with bead attached) through the hole in the door that you made with the thumb tack.
6. Use needle nose pliers to bend the other side of the brass head pin into a door handle shape. The inside door of the dollhouse will have a door handle and the outside of the dollhouse will have a door knob.
7. Here is an outside view of the main door to the dollhouse.
8. Add a door knob and door handle to the upstairs side-door, as well.
Check back tomorrow when we add a fall wreath to the front door of the dollhouse!