Add some bling to your wardrobe with a simple crystal rhinestone DIY necklace project that looks like a million bucks!
Supplies needed to make your own rhinestone DIY necklace:
- Chunky Gold Chain (I used a chain from a thrifted 1990s style necklace)
- Gold Lobster Claw Clasp & Jump Rings
- Clear 13 x 18mm Oval Rhinestone Slider Bead (1)
- Clear Teardrop or 10 x 14mm Rectangle Rhinestone Slider Beads (5)
- Clear 7 x 15mm Diamond Rhinestone Slider Beads (6)
- Clear Small Square Slider Bead
- 7 Mesh Clear Plastic Canvas
- E-6000 Glue
- Small Piece of Felt (optional)
Step 1. Figure out a design based on the stones you have. Use the grid of the canvas mesh to help you align the stones and keep everything symmetrical.
Step 5. Leave a few squares of the canvas mesh where you want your chain to connect. Either leave some of the mesh at the top of the pendant or at the sides. For my DIY necklace, I ended up leaving a small square of canvas mesh on either side of the pendant.
Step 6. Attach your chain using jump rings to connect from the chain to a square of your plastic mesh. If you want, you can hide the plastic canvas at the back of the pendant by tracing and cutting out a piece of felt or vinyl and gluing it to the back.
Your gorgeous new crystal rhinestone DIY necklace is now done! Enjoy!
More Project Ideas
Sarah is the Marketing & Social Media Coordinator for ConsumerCrafts.com. She is new to the craft/DIY world and discovered a love for it after joining the company. Sarah is a dessert addict, animal lover, a bit of a perfectionist, and obsessed with trying new Pinterest recipes.