With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it was about time I started to create some home decor items. I love the feel of fall and Thanksgiving and wanted to weave the two together and decorate my home a bit. So I used my Cricut and the Cinch to create what you see below!
- Cricut Expression 2 or Silhouette Cameo Machine
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Cinch Bindery Tool (optional)
- Chipboard/Cardboard Piece
- Cinch Antique gold wire binders (optional)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad
1. Ink edges of 3 pieces of 8×8 chipboard or cardboard.
2. Cut paper to fit chipboard, ink and attach.
3. Use Cinch to punch holes in two ends of one 8×8 board
4. Use Cinch to punch holes only one one side of remaining boards
5. Add binding coils as shown.
(Note: if you do not have a Cinch machine, you can easily attached the 3 pieces of board together with a decorative ribbon.
6. Cut 5″ letters using tan cardstock, Cricut, and Jasmine cartridge to spell “Give thanks” and attach as shown.
7. Cut the following pieces using your Doodlecharm cartridge
2 Five inch leaves
2 Four inch leaves
3 Two inch leaves
1 Five inch turkey
3 One inch acorns
8. Layer all pieces as shown
9. Attach raffia bow
10. Punch 2 holes at the top, attach raffia and hang.
What an easy and beautiful way to decorate your home for the holidays!
More Project Ideas
Lisa is a nationally published freelance paper crafts designer. Visit Lisa’s blog for more tips, projects, and inspiration at http://www.lisafalduto.blogspot.com/.