So, a good friend is moving to a new house and you need a quick gift to congratulate her on the big move? You can whip up these super cute bird pushpins in under 20 minutes with just a few basic craft supplies. Pair them with a small cork board and you’ve got the perfect gift to help organize her new house!
Materials for the bird pushpins housewarming gift idea:
– Micro Mini Mushroom Birds (I used two packages for a total of six birds)
– Embossing Tool (or any other blunt pointed tool)
– Map Pushpins
– Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue
– Small Bird Nest (optional)
– Small Cork Board (optional)
1. Use your embossing tool to carefully poke a hole the size of a map pin head in the bottom of your bird. Take your time and don’t hurt yourself. Bird pushpins with blood dripping from them…not so cute!
4. (Optional) If you plan on gifting these, simply add them to a small nest and wrap in clear cellophane. A small, handwritten note congratulating the homeowner on their “New Nest” adds the perfect touch of warmth to this handmade gift. Hope you enjoy!
More Project Ideas
Vanessa is a self proclaimed sleep deprived mother of two adorable boys and when she has a little time to spare, she makes things and posts about them on her craft blog, Tried & True. If she’s not cooking, sewing, gluing or making, she would probably go crazy. Join her on her crafty adventure at Tried & True.