Gallery walls are now a staple in home decor. The mixing and matching, different textures and elements – a gallery wall can become a true statement piece in your home. While they can vary greatly in size and complexity, sometimes quick and simple is what you need. That’s why we designed this fall themed gallery wall idea in about 20 minutes! Follow along as we show you how simple it is to create your own gallery wall without a ton of time (or nails in your wall!).
We brought fall themed items and printables into this gallery wall idea, but feel free to add any decor elements that fit your style. You can also keep it seasonally neutral for a year round, no maintenance project!
Supplies needed to create this gallery wall idea:
- Picture Ledges (2)
- 8 x 10 Whitewashed Frames (3)
- 8 x 10 Black Carved Wood Frames (2)
- 5 x 7 White Frames (2)
- 5 x 7 Black Frames (2)
- 4 x 6 White Frames (2)
- Tin Boo Halloween Sign
- Boo Banner
- White Marquee Ampersand
- Photos and Printables Of Your Choice
Step one. Hang plain picture ledge shelves in your desired location (make sure the shelves are several inches deep). Stagger the shelves and make sure they are level. By staggering the shelves, it makes the two floating frames on each side fit into the gallery wall more seamlessly.
Step two. Choose your frames. Vary the sizes, colors and orientation to create a more dynamic look. Set aside the two largest frames to be hung next to the shelves.
Step four. Position and hang the two large frames on the opposite side of the shelves (one to the left and one to the right, staggered).
Step five. Gather all your frames and desired accessories and arrange on your shelves. The beauty of using shelves is there is no need to nail each frame to the wall and the frames and decor can be moved around with ease. Therefore, saving a ton of time. We call that a win-win!
Step six. Step back and admire your handiwork!
- Add pieces and shift them around whenever you want. Layer larger frames for a different look or use all one color for a monochromatic feel.
- This gallery wall idea makes it easy to swap out photos seasonally without having to worry about taking down and rehanging your frames.
- The use of shelves minimizes the amount of holes necessary.
- This quick gallery wall eliminates the need for rulers, tape, butcher paper, cutting, etc.
What theme would you make your gallery wall? Tell us in the comments!