This DIY photo frame incorporates both a dry erase background (perfect for sweet little comments!) while the clear reusable strips maintain the translucent nature of washi tape that everyone knows and loves. You’ll also be able to keep all your Instagram pictures and reusable washi tape strips safe and sound inside the photo frame box. Perfect for changing out pictures quickly and easily!
Supplies Needed to Make Your Own DIY Photo Frame:
- Sticky Back Dry Erase Roll
- Wood Cigar Box
- Clear Vinyl Sheet
- Saw Tooth Hanger Set
- Washi Tape
- Reusable Adhesive Strips (1×3 inches)
1. Measure and cut a piece of the dry erase paper to fit perfectly on the front of the cigar box. Use extra adhesive if necessary.
2. Using the size of your picture as a template, cut a vinyl square. This is absolutely necessary! The reusable washi tape strips will destroy your pictures if the two come in direct contact with each other. Always use the protective sheet of vinyl when displaying.
3. Peel off one of the reusable adhesive strips, making sure to keep the plastic protective sheet on the back on. Lay flat on your table with the sticky side up (plastic sheet down.) Affix two strips of washi tape straight down the middle. My tape was too wide to get both strips to fit perfectly so I just ended up trimming the sides as I completed the next step.