Today’s project is definitely kid approved. I was amazed at the creative imaginations of my assistants, and they were equally excited about the movement aspect to their new boxed pets. Each critter is attached to a spring, so when the bug craft box opens, the creatures wiggle!
- Jewelry Gift Box (one per critter)
- Assorted Craft Pom Poms
- Neon Chenille Stems, Pom Poms & Wiggle Eyes
- 3mm Black Chenille Stems
- Silver Craft Wire
- White Foam Block (small pieces, to anchor the wire springs)
- Green Crinkle Cut Paper Shred
- Glue Dots Adhesive Sheets
- Mini Butterflies (if you want to purchase pre-made critters!)
I gathered a variety of craft materials for my assistants, and told them what we were doing, and really just let them decide what kind of bug they wanted to make for their box.
We had to shorten the abdomen on this guy.
More Project Ideas
Shaunte is a 30-something, chocolate-loving, SAHM from Utah. She has been scrapbooking since 1997, the dreaded era of photos cropped with deco scissors. Since then, her work has evolved into a clean, linear, photo-focused style. Her favorite subjects to scrap are her husband and five kids (never a lack for subject material there).