I have a new obsession and it includes Marabu Marble Paint. I had no idea it was this easy to add a colorful marble effect to plain ceramic until I made this gorgeous vase and ring dish. Follow along as I show you how to marble paint!
Don’t you just love when a DIY project turns out better than you pictured it in your head? That’s exactly what happened when making these marbled projects. I’ve seen lots of tutorials online for DIY marbling using nail polish but I was really excited to try it with Marabu Marble Paint. The best thing about this project is you only need a few supplies. Let’s start with our fabulous marbled vase.
How to marble paint supplies:
Drop 5-10 drops of Marabu Easy Marble Paint into bowl of water.
Use bamboo skewer to swirl paint in water.
Dip vase slowly into water and remove slowly.
I cannot tell you how much I LOVE the way this project turned out. I do recommend testing it our first with something small like a bowl or plate – I played around with the process a few times before dipping the vase. And, the best part – if you don’t like the way it looks, just wash it off and start over again.
How to marble paint tips:
- Make sure your bowl is large enough to fit your entire surface.
- Place a towel under your bowl of water.
- Dip your object in the water slowly.
- Don’t panic if you have air bubbles of paint on your object. Wait until the paint is completely dry and you’ll be able to smooth them out.
- Start with adding the darkest color of paint to the water first.
- Be patient and have fun! Even though this project only requires a few supplies, do not rush the process. Take your time and have fun.
Check out the ring dish I made. Isn’t it fabulous? I followed the same steps as the vase but used a small ceramic dish. Now I have a gorgeous ring dish to set my rings in on my nightstand. Next, I’m making a gold ring dish for my mom using the Marabu Marbled Gold Paint. Everything looks better in gold.
I hope I’ve inspired you to try it with this how to marble paint tutorial. I promise you’ll love the way it turns out.
More Project Ideas
Kara Harvey, owner of Happy Go Lucky, is passionate about showing her readers that if she can do it, they can do it too. She shares projects and recipes that don’t require a lot of supplies or ingredients.