Every Christmas, we have a family tradition of making chocolates to give away. We pair chocolate with peanut butter, pretzels or peppermint. I decided to mix it up and make some summery homemade chocolate bars.
- Make ‘n Mold Chocolate Dipping Candy (I’ve used a lot of chocolate wafers in my time and this is by far the best brand I’ve ever tried!)
- Fruit Flavoring
- Make ‘n Mold Candy Bar Chocolate Mold
- Make ‘n Mold Microwaveable Squeeze Bottles
- Treat Boxes
- Cupcake Liners (or plastic treat bags or wax paper)
- We R Memory Keepers Washi Tape Sheets
- Embellishments (ribbon/twine, pink yarn, butterfly, etc)
Step 2: With the top still off, microwave the bottle of wafers following the instructions on the package. Step 3: Once the chocolate is melted, add 2-3 drops of fruit flavoring to the bottle. Squeeze the bottle a bit, to make sure the fruit flavoring is dispersed throughout the chocolate.Step 4: Place the top back on the bottle and squeeze the chocolate into the molds. Once you’ve filled a bar mold, tap the mold lightly on the counter. This will settle the chocolate so it will harden evenly. (In the photo, you can see the difference pre and post tap.)Step 5: Layer your homemade chocolate bars in the treat box. I used cupcake liners to do this because that’s what I had handy and it looks cute. But you could use plastic treat bags to preserve the chocolate or wax paper to keep the chocolate bars from melting into each other.Step 6: Embellish the treat box so it’s ready for gifting. I found the washi sheets were a perfect fit for this project. I just cut pieces of the washi sheets and stuck them to each side of the treat box.