Have you made a reverse canvas sign yet? I’m super excited to show you my very first one and it was even easier than I thought it would be.
Supplies needed to make your own reverse canvas sign:
- 11 x 14 inch Canvas
- Home Sweet Home Iron on Transfer (other designs HERE)
- Wood Stain
- Paint Brush
- Staple Gun with Staples
First, remove the canvas from the wood frame using the scissors. You can also use pliers but I found it was just easier to use the blade of the scissors to cut the canvas. You won’t see that side so don’t worry about removing the staples.
Set canvas to the side and apply stain to the wood frame.
While the stain is drying, It’s time to apply the iron on transfer to the canvas. Center the image and just iron right onto the canvas. It’s as easy as that. Remove protective sheet and admire your canvas.
Center image in center of the wood frame and staple canvas in place.
A few tips for making your own reverse canvas sign:
- Removing the staples on the front of the wooden frame is optional. I think this will depend on the type of stain that you use. I was using a dark stain so I didn’t worry about removing the staples. If you decide to remove the staples, you’ll probably need to sand the corner with sandpaper.
- Feel free to paint the wooden frame instead of using wood stain.
- You can also paint the canvas black or a pretty color and use white iron on images. How cute would that be?
- If you don’t have a staple gun, a glue gun would be a great option for reattaching the canvas.
I really love the look of the stained wood around the canvas and it’s just so fun to make these signs. I’ll definitely be making more. Have you made a reverse canvas sign yet? If not, it’s the perfect time to try it!