Learn how to make your own colorful treat boxes with a pretty paper DIY flower on top! These sweet little boxes make great favors for weddings, showers, or any spring time celebration, plus they are easy to make with my free template and cut file.
Today, I’m kicking things off with this cute flower box craft! You can use these pretty little things to hold a small gifts for friends or to wrap up favors for a shower or Easter celebration.
It’s easy to make boxes and flowers in any colors you like too – just find the perfect cardstock! The finished boxes are 1 7/8″ square plus a little extra height from the flower on top, which makes them a great size for holding candies and other small treats. Ready to make some flower boxes?
Supplies needed to make your own DIY flower paper boxes:
- Colored Cardstock
- Silhouette Cameo or Cricut Maker OR Sharp Scissors
- My Flower Box Template – Download the Printable PDF or SVG Cut File
- Glue Sticks and/or Permanent Tape Runner
- Glue Dots
- Colorful Jute or Twine (optional)
- Paper Shred (optional)
Step One. Cut Out Box and Flower Pieces.
Start off by cutting out the box and flower pieces. If you have a Silhouette or Cricut, this is super easy to do using the SVG cut file in the supply list above. The cut file includes perforated lines to make folding extra easy.
If you are cutting by hand, print the pdf template from the supply list above out on on colored cardstock and cut along the solid lines.
Step Two. Assemble Box.
To assemble the box:
- Fold along each of the dotted or perforated lines.
- Apply glue or double sided tape to the flaps.
- Adhere the tabs to the sides to form the box.
- Slide the notches in the flower tabs over each other to close the box.
Step Three. Assemble and Add Flower.
To assemble the DIY flower:
- Start by rolling up the fringed flower center starting at the end opposite of the circle.
- Fold the circle over to cover the rolled edge of the fringe center, and secure in place with glue (I found this works best with a glue stick).
- Use a pencil to curl the edges of the two flower pieces and give your flower some more dimension.
- Use glue or adhesive to stack and secure the three flower pieces on top of each other.
Finally, fill your box with whatever treats you like, and secure the flower decoration on top of the box with a glue dot.